Friday, December 2, 2011

How do you check...?

How do you check you blood sugar? I saw it on tv where this one woman I guess stuck her hand within her mouth and threw something up. Just wondering!
PS- I think she did it short one of those meter things, I dunno!How do you check...?
I use the BD Link Glucose Meter. In the past I've also used a couple of other brands, but I prefer this one because it communicates wirelessly next to my insulin pump. Below is a link to a discussion on mixed different models of glucose meters.
Hope this helps.
I purchased my own glucose monitor which you can buy minus perscription at the local drug store in your nouns. You may have coverage within your medical plan too so consult your medical professional first. This is no casual topic so desire advice. I check my blood day after day and Im not diabetic today but have a ancestral history so I monitor.
throwing up won't help you numeral out your blood sugar...
you have to truly use blood and a meter. You just prick your finger and drip a small amount of blood onto a strip of supplied newspaper and stick that into the meter, which analyzes the sugar content.
You or your doctor can check your blood sugars throwing up does not check your blood sugars. You'll need a glucose meter or you can hold your doctor to check your sugar levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment